Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The road to 15 is paved with good intentions.

I've been working on .15 now for a bit, though I drop into my .30 here and there as well, as getting us to linux 3.y seems like a good thing to do in ICS land. Progress has been slower than usual due to me suddenly moving ovar last weekend. I wasn't really expecting to do that so it's pushed my timetables back a little.

There is a whole mess of goodies that are just waiting in line to be added to the Mason line of kernels however, of which 0.15 will get several. xz compressed boot images is in, works great, and provides a slightly faster boot up time. Also in are two new governors, scary and wheatley, the latter of the two I believe will be intensely popular. Updates the the CRC32 in the kernel which will make just about everything faster, better, and stronger from the filesytem to the TCP stack. Updates to more recent SIO scheduler code, and flash optimization of both the SIO and V(R) schedulers. All that is already in, and looking quite stable. I have some testing to do with the more recent rom releases, but there should be updates coming your way soon, so stay tuned.

I would like to see if there is any interest out there to help design some logos for the Mason kernel, so if you're artsy and reading this drop me a line.

~atyoung

No comments:

Post a Comment