Monday, June 4, 2012

The 15 waiting game.

I know you are all just clamoring at the bit for some 15 news. Rest assured it's being worked on. I have a few things I have to fix for the CM9 ports to make things happy there.

In other news, major major major patching to the entire block layer of the kernel, this is responsible for our I/O people, and the code we've been using is easily 2 years old. There have been a ton of improvements, so I'm trying to get us a little performance boost, at the cost of thousands and thousands of lines of code. Much of this code is from the Linux 3.0.y line so it takes a bit of work to get it in there gracefully. But in theory should improve our disk I/O a bit, which translates to speed, which is why we're all here. Sit tight, it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment